The 12 most important steps for starting a photography business. There is so much information on what to do when starting a business, it can easily get overwhelming. This podcast, which clocks in at over an hour, is jam-packed with must have knowledge for new photography business owners to help start their businesses out right.
In this session, I discuss:
- Business formation, sole proprietors
- DBA and business licenses
- Sales tax and permits
- Business bank accounts and why they are important
- The number stuff, dealing with business accounting
- Business insurance (liability, general, errors and omissions)
- Contracts, legal documents and getting booked
- Accepting credit cards
- Setting up a website, logos and business cards
- Getting your social media presence organized
- Selling stuff
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Getting an EIN number from the IRS
- Calgold for California business owners
- QuickBooks Software or Quickbooks in the cloud
- Excel templates
- LawTog Photography Contracts
- Hill & Usher and PPA – Insurance for Photographers
- ShootQ and Contracts from Law for Creatives
- Google Checkout, Paypal and Square
- 99 Designs for Logos
- Business cards from Uprinting.com or Moo
- Squarespace, BluDomain, LiveBooks, Folio Websites
- Prophoto Blog and Mojo themes and WordPress & Go Daddy Website Hosting
- Zenfolio for selling stuff – use code HGZ-C2U-9UN during sign-up for 10% off your subscription!
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. If you use an affiliate link to purchase a product or service, I may receive a small percentage as a commission. Thank you for your support, your contributions help keep the Nifty Knowledge Rocks content super valuable for your business.
Thank you for checking out this podcast episode from Nifty Knowledge Rock!